Wednesday, May 23, 2007

In my head

Share something (or multiple things) with the class that moves or inspires you. These can be things to which you have positive or negative reaction, but they need to be things that you react to strongly. Be ready to discuss how  they move you.

I am inspired when I see or feel passion. It really doesn't matter if it is art, sports, or anything else. You can just tell when someone "lives and dreams" something they are dealing with. Their eyes light up and the emotion can be heard as they talk about it. That really inspires me to show the same feelings in my work and hobbies. DO IT RIGHT OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL!

What do you consider to be sacred?

Nothing right now. I have a lot of things I consider important but I feel that currently nothing has reached the "sacred" level.

What is an image?

An image is my mind's mental image of what I see, taste, smell, touch, and hear.

What is music?

Music is the right combination of sounds that has a interesting enough mix to keep my attention.

What is New Media?

New Media is a way for individuals to communicate through digital technology that always continues to evolve.

Why did you chose to go into New Media?

I chose New Media because I have things that I want to say and need a way to get that to multiple individuals. I believe that if I am like this then there are more types like me - enough to make a living off of.

Who are you? Hint - how have you come to be the person you are today and what are you interested in. This may be a very personal question so answer as you see fit, but think about it seriously. You don't have to share everything you experience in your journey through this class.

I am a very analytical man that looks at his past continually. This information coupled with the wisdom gained from trusted individual's experiences help me to make a smarter choice in life each day. I am this way because my father showed me how to not let your circumstances dictate how far you can go in life. He never verbally told me this but his actions showed me. I now have to prepare myself to leave the unspoken guide of life for my seed coming after me.

How is this class impacting you and your approach to New Media? Have you seen any changes in your approach to projects or how you think about New Media? Consider the discussions, projects, and examples we have experienced when you are considering this question.

This class has basically showed me that if you have a great idea, that is not where you stop. There are more ways to stretch the envelop - if you tried. I now am in the process of changing my project to help the viewer "feel" like they are right there instead of looking at it on the screen.

No comments: